Regular Services / Events
Spiritual support can entail a number of different approaches. Regular visitation and “check ins” by staff and/or volunteers are the most common and perhaps the most important ways of ensuring the spiritual wellbeing of our tenants and residents.
But there is also a place for regular, organized, activities and events. We have a beautiful chapel, for example, that can hold upwards of 200 worshipers. We have a resident priest, assigned by the Roman Catholic diocese of Saskatoon to ensure that the spiritual values – particularly the sacraments – our residents held prior to joining our Village, can be maintained. Finally, we have a large recreation area which is suitable for a variety of activities, including regular hymn sings. These are all ways in which regularly scheduled activities support the spiritual lives of our community.
Below is a list of regular services / events the Spiritual Care department holds:
- Mass at 11 AM Tuesday – Sunday in the chapel
- Confessions from 10:30 – 10:45 AM Tuesday – Sunday in the sacristy; General Confession twice per year during Advent and Lent
- Anointing of the sick: as requested by the resident or family; General Anointing twice per year during Advent and Lent
- Rosary at 3 PM on Tuesdays in the chapel
- Hymn Sing at 1:30 PM on Thursdays (except for 3rd Thursday of the month) in the recreation lounge
- Adoration of the Sacrament at 11:45 AM in the chapel, followed by Benediction at 1:30 PM, on the first Friday of the month
- Ecumenical Communion Services six times a year: February, April, June, August, October, and December
- Outing trips to various churches in the city (summer only)
- Semi-annual memorial services in late May and November
- The chapel is open daily from 8 AM – 9 PM (for tenants and residents only) and 9:30 AM – 12 PM for the general public